Wednesday, January 23, 2013

DREAMS OF FIRE/STORMS AND PROTECTION

Several nights ago, I had a dream that a fairly large body of believers were gathered on my property, having a camp meeting so to speak out in the back of the yard, preparing for a soon mission trip. I was facing the back of the property, and suddenly, without notice, in the blink of an eye, three of the four sides of the property were completely engulfed in flames, ablaze, with thick, black smoke bellowing around us and coming towards us. The shock at the fact that there was no warning, really caused me to immediately have anxiety. I mean, how could I be looking out one minute at trees and shrubs and the next blink of my eye I see a blazing inferno around me? I said out loud, "this can't be possible". I started shouting orders to several of the people to get the hoses, although my heart knew this would be futile against such a massive fire. Yet in my human nature, it was what I began to do. I started to run towards the north, the only side where there wasn't fire, feeling a trememdous fear try to overcome me. There's no way out of this I thought. "God! Where are you in this? Why is this happening? We are your people!!" As I came around the side of the house running, I was immediately stopped by what felt like two large hands holding me on my shoulders. I froze. Then I heard a voice speak, "I have told you that you have nothing to fear. Trust in Me and I will protect you." As I came around the front of the house, the most amazing thing about this was, there were firetrucks on the street outside the gate, but they were leaving! One of the trucks was finishing with wrapping up his hose, and as I quickly looked back to the fire, it was out, and there was grey smoke and nothing but charred trees and ashes on the ground. Faster than I or anyone could react to this fire, our Lord had already taken care of it, and we were under His protection the entire time. I had such a sense of awe and of peace, knowing that He actually GOES BEFORE US! This is the meaning for me of this dream. We will definitely be experiencing radical times, but we MUST know that He does have our backs, that we are nothing in our own efforts, that even when the situations present insurmountable in our minds, HE HAS SEEN US THROUGH! Hallelujah Yeshua, Keeper of our souls.

The very same night, my oldest daughter had a dream as well. In hers, she was walking somberly with head down through a beautiful tall, yellow, grassy field. She was watching from behind, as if watching herself. To the left were hills with many trees, the left sky filled with dark storm clouds, thunder and lightning. To the right were more hills with trees, but all on fire, the smoke just as black as the sky to the left. The scene then flashed white and came back, but this time, she was walking with a young man, who looked to be around 19 or 20, hand in hand, walking in the same somber manner with head down. He then turned to her and said "No matter how hard things get, I will never leave you." The dream then ended. My daughter is not sure whether this man represented someone, or something, but the message appears clear.

Our God is indeed with us, and will never forsake us, no matter how bad things get.

Genesis 15:1

King James Version (KJV)
15 After these things the word of the Lord came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.

Psalm 16:1

16 Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust.

1 Chronicles 22:18a

18 Is not the Lord your God with you? and hath he not given you rest on every side?
 
 

Deuteronomy 31:8

And the Lord, he it is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed.