Saturday, June 9, 2012

BONDAGE OR FREEDOM, YOU CHOOSE

June 9, 2012

How much more time will you choose to spend in bondage to the things of this world? How much more time will you waste, on things that do not bear fruit? I have offered you a way of life that frees you from all burden, and guides you purposefully through this mission I have created for each of you individually. Are you truly joyful and peaceful in your soul? Do you have true rest at the end of each day, or do you find that you lie down to sleep feeling frustrated, still empty, still lacking, and inadequate in what you have set out to do for that day? What do you continue, day after day, to chase after? Money? More and more because what you have is never enough? Material things? Do you fill your days with so much work that you could never hear My voice even if I was screaming at you? Maybe you are running from past hurts and fears, thinking if you stay busy those deep wounds in your heart will someday fade away, filling your time with anything and everything, as long as you keep moving to distract yourself from facing your pain. Have you actually become obsessed with things of this earth? Technology? Media? Computers and phones, alcohol, drugs, sex, food, the list goes on and on. I have only ever asked one thing of any of you, and that is a relationship with you. I don't want or need your money, your hard work, your accomplishments, or your things. I want to spend time with you. It's that simple. There was a time when I walked and talked with man in the Garden, and there will come a time again when we will do so. But you may still find Me close today. I am as close as your next breath. I have never left you or forsaken you, so why have you separated yourself from Me? You know by now that this world offers nothing that can truly satisfy the longing in your souls. I am the only Way, the Truth, and the Life. I make this request yet again, please, come to Me, and I will bring rest to your souls, and give you a peace that will astonish you. Give Me a chance, you won't regret it. Let ME fill all the empty spaces you need filled.  I love you.

The Lord left me with a final thought this morning, and that is that He is our FULL PORTION.
In Hebrew, the word portion is an allotment, an inheritance. What does it mean to us personally that He is our portion? For me, it means He is the author of my destiny, and my future. I am the daughter of a King! He is all I will ever need, want, or desire, all I pursue. All I am or ever will be He determines with His Holy will. When I am obedient to Him and trust Him in all things, I find favor with Him and with that comes true peace and joy. I come to a deeper understanding of Him, His attributes and His characteristics. When I am hurting, He is my portion. When I am lonely, depressed, confused, disheartened, He is my portion. When I am lost, weary, discouraged, He is my portion. So, as Elisha received a double portion of Elijah's anointing (2Kings 2), let us pray today that we may all receive a double portion, a double blessing, as we seek to allow Him to be our all is all. 

May you be blessed in this day.


John 12:26

King James Version (KJV)
26 If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

John 15:4-9

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

Matthew 16:24

24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Matthew 19:21

 21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

2 Corinthians 12:9

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.


Psalm 119:57

57 Thou art my portion, O Lord: I have said that I would keep thy words.

Psalm 16:5

The Lord is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot.


Psalm 73:26

26 My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.